Recording Work Time
The following bullet points and categories are the services GEM offers. These services, and only these services, should be used in proposals, invoices, tasks, and time tracking.
The categories are broken out by department, the largest headers on each page (Communication, Design, Project Management, Digital Communication, and Internal GEM Work). The Tasks are marked in italic bold subheaders under each department header. The descriptions of the task are bullet-pointed. You choose your client, if you are working on an external task, your department, task, and type in your description for each time entry you track.
The Departments are color-coordinated Pink.
The Tasks are color-coordinated Blue
The Descriptions are color-coordinated Green
Client Calls & Text
Weekly Video Call______________________(Description)
1. Login into Toggl.com / Toggl Track (Our chosen time-tracking software)
2. Look to the upper right for the gray file icon
3. Type the Client Name in the search bar that pops up.
4. Find your Department
Design, Communication, Digital Marketing, Advertising & Media, or Internal
5. Hover over your Department and find the "Task" drop-down menu to select what category of work you will be
6. Reference the "Services" Time Tracking Sheet in the GEM Internal Team Drive and choose your Task Description. The Tasks Descriptions are the bullet pointed words describing the task you are working on, under your department, of the client.
7. Next type in the description you have chosen to describe the task.
8. Next click the PLAY button to start recording your time entry.
9. The final step is when you have completed working on the client's project task click the STOP button.